Sand Cat Facts Interesting
The sand cat is a wonderful hunter and the paw pads densely covered with fur leave little or no marks on the surface of the sand.
With its sandy to light grey fur it is well camouflaged in a desert environment. Conditions are extreme in the desert and temperatures can reach 124º F during the day and 31º F at night. The visible part of the cats ear is extremely large which helps protect the ear from the sand.
The Sand cat has a low-set body with a broad head and a large nose. Its head-and-body length ranges from 3952 cm with a 2331 cm long tail. The paws of a sand cat are covered with thick fur that helps to give them protection in hot sand and prevent burns.
Ears are black on the tops. The Sand cat hides leftover food in the sand. Its 57 cm short ears are set low on the sides of the head aiding detection of prey moving.
That cat should be in the Guinness Book of World Records. The tail is ringed. Sand Cats usually live in the sandy and rocky deserts.
They are found in very arid habitats with little to no vegetation. Interesting Sand Cat Facts. Various species prey on sand cats including.
- Zoo Animals Pictures Free Download
- Young Amphibians Breathe With
- Wirehaired Pointing Griffon Puppies For Sale Australia
- Winter Animals Preschool Storytime
- Zoo Animals Games Free Download
- Zoo Animals Released Into Wild
- Yorkie Puppies For Adoption In Oregon
- Winter Animals Preschool Printables
- Winter Sleep Animals Names
- Xl Bully Puppies For Sale California
- Zoo Animals Released Minneapolis 2020
- Wirehaired Vizsla Puppies California
- Xl American Bully Puppies For Sale Near Me
- Winter Animals Clipart Free
- Xxl Pitbull Puppies For Sale Cheap Near Me
- Worst Puppy Food For Large Breeds
- Wire Haired Dachshund Puppies Illinois
- Zoo Animals Cartoon Images
- Winter Animals Songs Preschool
- Xl Pitbull Puppies For Sale